Who Comes Out On Top?

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by stevew, Feb 13, 2019.

?

Who Needed to Come Out On Top?

1. JR

23.1%
  2. Sue Ellen

15.4%
  3. John Ross

38.5%
  4. Bobby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ann

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Christopher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Pamela

7.7%
  8. Elena

15.4%
  9. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +778
    Medals:
    Recently spoke with a friend about the campaign asking us to guess who comes out on top. To me the answer had to be JR and through him John Ross. Jock could dress down JR and he’d take his lumps, but really the fun was watching him succeed (just glad he wasn’t in my family). The shame to me was no one ever came out on top, not even JR. With the failure of the “master piece” I gave up hope.

So who was your pick and what would they have had to do better to have made your pick come out on top?

JR:

1) take over Ewing Energies and Barnes Global
    2) keep Southfork but arrange it so at least the ranch business would be Bobby’s
    3) keep Barnes and Harris locked up
    4) start dating Sue Ellen
    5) “own” the Governor.

His master piece would be recreating Ewing oil as a division of Ewing Industries and owning or at least controlling West Star and transitioning to John Ross.

With his death I’d have seen a long story (like Jock’s death) where JR sets up John Ross with tasks to follow in order to inherit including introducing Cally’s son. JRs will would have left the house and his 1/3 of the mineral rights to Sue Ellen in trust and then to John Ross. John Ross would “own” the Governor and help Judith Ryland become a US Senator, take over Ryland (and thus all the shipping of the independents) and assemble Ryland’s CIA contacts to form a paramilitary company JR wish he’d had.

Then I would have said I had fun again watch JR come out on top.

2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,028
    Who comes out on top?
    For a moment I thought this thread was going to be about the threesome between John Ross, Pamela and Emma. That would have been interesting...if a little dirty ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,268
    Put John Ross, Nicolas Treviño, and Christopher there, and you have me hooked. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +778
    Medals:
    I liked the vote for Sue Ellen. I think even JR at the time would have smiled “Well darlin’ you got the ranch and the business, I guess you finally pulled one over on ole JR.”

Then John Ross would ask. “Did you set this up?”

And JR would respond, “Now you listen to your momma. I taught her everything she knows. But here’s how you be your own man, until the time she turns over to you your granddad’s legacy. And she will my boy. Nothing’s fiercer than a momma lion when her cub is threatened.”

As for the vote for Elena, I’m curious why? I could see if it was the Ramos show, but thus was suppose to be Dallas. Her character to be was more Cliff Barnes, misguided anger driving her to destroy herself, than JR Ewing - entertaining sociopath.

5. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,268
    It was weird at the time, but not in retrospect since it became her show. Frankly, I remember thinking the first season was overall Dallas, even more Dallas than the Lorimar later years. I liked a seasoned Bobby, I liked Ann and her demented ex, I found Sue Ellen more mesmerizing than ever, and I liked the new generation of Ewings (though John Ross was even more interesting than J.R. and Christopher even duller than Bobby) and I thought the Ramos' were just the token latinos for PC reasons, like the black Vulcan Star Trek shows create out of thin air.
    And the sad thing is, Elena could have been a Latina leading role on her own, a geologist who gets involved with the brothers without the extra baggage. But no, in addition to dreaming Bobby dying, the viewers also were asleep all these years the Ramos' were around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +778
    Medals:
    I never could figure out what they just didn’t tie them to Teresa. I was disappointed that the women were all weak. Elena took vengeance on a family for what JR did. She borrowed from Sue Ellen and then didn’t worry about paying her back. Sue Ellen returned to drinking. Ann cowered from Harris. Emma took drugs. Pamela begged men for attention. The only woman I saw being strong was Sue Ellen - sober up and take back control.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +205
    People tuned into Dallas to watch the trials and tribulations of the Ewing Family not this never before mentioned Ramos family. I agree with those who say that they should have been connected to Teresa who we did know from the original.

The show was more about the Ramos family than the Ewings. Instead of everything revolving the Ewings they revolved a round Elena. Watching her and her mother walk all over the Ewings when the Ewings could have crushed them. The son committed a crime as did they by helping him leave the country.

If Elena had been JR's daughter, her mother being someone we know from the original like Mandy Winger, that might have been great to watch.

Emma was wasted. She started out pretty good but then they went down hill with her. There were possibilities never explored. It was already established that she was her father's heir to his trucking company. We could have seen her being groomed or having a sister like relationship with John Ross and/or with Christopher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,075
    As far as I know John Ross was a top & Christopher was a bottom!! :p