Who do you think started the fire?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Ked, May 13, 2018.

?

Who started the fire?

1. Hank

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Kirby

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Matthew

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jeff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Monica

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Liam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Cesil

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  8. A new character

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +570
    I forgot to mention that Wikipedia sums up the 2004 movie Trauma this way:
    “Ben awakens from a coma to discover his wife has been killed in a car accident. A few weeks later, Ben is out of the hospital and, attempting to start a new life, he moves home and is befriended by a beautiful young neighbour Charlotte. Haunted by visions of his dead wife, Ben starts to lose his grip on reality.”​

I’m sure you won’t let that trivia bother you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +570
    Another suspect: Just remembered the dude who bling-ringed the house and got shopped to the cops

3. Emeleez Navidad

Emeleez Navidad Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,100
    At first I was thinking Hank, but................. his sleeve didn´t match the sleeve of the firestarter. Hank had his white shirt sticking out from under his tuxedo jacket, but the firestarter didn't appear to have any white shirt sleeve visible.

Matthew, is he alive or dead? He vanished into thin air after Cristel was shot making me think that he was only part of psycho Claudia's vision.

Jeff or Monica? I don't think so. Not Liam either. They don't have motive enough to go homicidal.

Cesil is a good guess, especially now that his children has found out that they are Carringtons too. I don't think he knew that.

Kirby is another good guess. She wore something black-sleeved and has a history of being mentally wacky. But if it's her, it will take a long long time until someone will suspect her. I think she could be a red herring.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,820
    Maybe the Real Adam had already discovered that he was a Carrington, and then he finds out that his parents are happy to replace him with an impostor. How dare they!
    But if he was already there, then who was he?

The guy from the boxing club? Kidnapped by Stansfield?
    [​IMG]

Uber guy / bodyguard Mickey?
    upload_2018-8-26_2-13-10.png

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +570
    For real Adam, would we need to look for a guy with Blake's "trademark chin"?

I got the vibe that Uber guy/bodyguard was Alexis's regular toy boy, in part because of Blake's allusion to them playing Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner.

But I'm liking Emelee's suspicion that it was Cesil -- because the screwdriver placed to 'lock' the trophy room doors look suspiciously like the ice-pick Blake used when visiting Cesil. And because the last man we 'saw' in the group/behind the group that Joseph was briefing -- the dude who peeled away from the group and went left (keeping his head down) instead of following Joseph -- looked like he might have been black.

Obviously, Cesil's children are Colbys, and only a quarter Carringtons because their mum is half Carrington; and Cesil can't possibly fault his absent wife (ex-wife?) or their children for that, nor Blake either -- assuming Cesil has learnt about Millie's mama's confession. If he hasn't, then right up to end Season 1, he's still the man who had faulted Blake because Blake had been spending time with Millie and Cesil had suspected them of having an affair. So, if Cesil did start the fire, which Cesil was it? At the very least, he'd be the Cesil who'd suspected that Blake had slept with his wife, (and had made one previous attempt to get at him but 'got' Tom by accident). One very angry dude, that.

But would Cesil have set the fire if he'd learned that Blake was Millie's half-brother, not her lover? I think no. ….Though, I'm thinking that the man who was the down-on-his-luck jailbird who had to watch his children get schooled on rich folk's money might have been boiling with rage at thoughts of how very quickly his children were rushing to cash in on their status as Carrington grandchildren, how much richer both his children would be from the sale of their shares in CA, and his imagination told him that they would become keener to identify themselves (or their roots) as part of/in the (supposedly) old money Carrington family than with their 'nobody' family/roots. Where would that leave ex-con Cesil? A man without his family? He might have been a father looking forward to (re-)building ties with his children and becoming enraged thinking his hopes & dreams for the future were going up in smoke because the Carringtons would 'seduce' his children (and wife?) away.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  6. Emeleez Navidad

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,100
    I missed that part! Interesting. So it was a carefully planned attack. No spur of the moment.

7. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +570
    Yes and no. I'm thinking that if indeed it was Cesil, that he went there with the intention of creating trouble, taking the ice-pick but perhaps with no real plan of how he was going to use it. Was he going to stab some one with it or just wave it around in a threatening manner? His planning might have only been to the extent of how to get into the building as he wasn't an invited guess. So he dressed as hired staff. The info he picked up from Joseph's briefing and the lamps placed on the table outside ended up determining how he was going to proceed. At that point, he might have decided to start a fire -- just that. But perhaps he also followed Fallon to the trophy room and overheard her plans to get a different buyer for CA, not the one that Jeff said he'd found; and that might have so enraged him -- the idea of the Carringtons shafting Colbys -- that he turned murderous and trapped them in the room.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  8. Emeleez Navidad

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,100
    What usually makes someone mad enough to intentionally kill is either love (being left or cheated on) or money/power. Considering more than one person was targeted, it more likely to be the latter.

I really don't think it was Kirby because she just arrived and I don't think she hates the entire Carrington family.

I don't think it was Claudia either because she only had it out for Cristel, and she already took care of her.

Hank's clothing didn't really match, and I don't think we'll see him again. He got caught and I think he realized "the jig is up, lets get the hell out of here before they get hold of me".

Cesil is my best guess -- so far.

9. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,606
    I voted for Cesil also, back when the poll was first created. Without going into all the plot-linked theories and psychology, I assumed he was the easiest one to pin this on since he's already been marginalized (some would say totally written out) by the writers, so it would be the easiest way to solve the mystery without having to lose/write out a prominent character.

10. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,820
    Who still has one foot in jail.

But Cesil and Hank are the most obvious suspects, I don't think I would enjoy this reveal. More like an anti-climax imho.

11. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,606
    But if it turned out Cesil tried to kill the entire Carrington clan, it would hit the news....drawing his estranged wife to town. [crosses fingers]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,820
    I think that would be reason enough to stay away from Cesil and the Carringtons:lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mattyminogue

Mattyminogue Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I feel like it might be Melissa's husband. (Steven got her pregnant with his baby). Motive wise it's either jealousy or the fact that if the rest of the Carrington's are gone the baby is the heir to the Carrington money ..others don't really know about the Colby's being related to tue Carrington's.... Just my theory.

14. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +386
    Now we know, and it makes absolute sense.

15. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,339
    RIGHT ANSWER WAS:

Register or to view Spoiler content!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,820
    How very disappointing. Boo! Hiss! @NuDynasty.

• Funny Funny x 2