Who else should have been in Season 9?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Ked, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Recently, I read in a thread about how one of the detractors of Season 9 was the fact a lot of original cast had gone, and were replaced by a whole bunch of new characters (some who worked, some not as much :lol:). So I got to thinking, who from the original core cast should have returned or stuck around for the ninth season, just to keep the show more familiar?

Here are a few who I think could have been in Season 9:

Amanda - though I would have had it so that Oxenberg was NEVER fired, and that the character remained throughout Seasons 7 and 8 (thus negating any need for Leslie). Plus, Paulsen wanted Cousin Virginia to be a "Grace Kelly" type, which we all know didn't work out. But Catherine Oxenberg could have pulled off such an act. Heck, she could have taken over Krystle's charity crusade and become like Princess Di - which she was originally based on anyway. Plus, Paulsen, being a "listening to nature" type, probably would have developed Amanda's relationship with Adam, who could finally have somebody in his corner.

However, whenever I imagine Amanda in Season 8, it always ends with her leaving with Steven, revealing that she's pregnant with Jeff's baby. And I still like the idea of Jeff carrying on his father's legacy of impregnating two sisters, so perhaps Amanda could return in the 9th Season Finale, just in time to see Mummy and Dex fall off the balcony?

Dana - who here wouldn't love to have seen how Paulsen would have handled her marriage to Adam? Or how he would have handled her character and her relationship with the rest of the family? Perhaps, once Linda Evans had left, Leann Hunley could have been groomed to become the new Krystle of the series.

Kirby - this is an old idea, but imagine Kirby returning in Season 8 with her and Adam's secret son, just as Adam and Dana are returning from their honeymoon, and having THAT replace the Atkinson storyline. But that's for Season 8. For Season 9, I still see Kirby taking up with Jeff (after Sammy Jo breaks up with him - and NEVER gets back with him) in order to secure a "father" for her son, knowing full well it will enrage Adam. Who would then have a good reason to lash out by spreading those rumors that Jeff is banging his own sister (just *why* did Adam do that in the original series? I honestly don't remember if Adam ever had a motive then).

But these are just my thoughts. What about the rest of you? Who else do you think could or should have been in the 9th season?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,731
    Medals:
    I always saw Virginia as a long line of Carrington girl replacements by this stage, only this time she was from Krystle’s side of the family.

Amanda should have definitely returned in season 9 even if it was only for maybe a few episodes.

Dana would definitely have been groomed to become the new Krystle had she stayed on, their story arcs are eerily similar.

Miles should have also returned with Monica.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Hah, funny you should say that, when Fallon said at the start of the season, "...what I'm sure's going to be a looong line of Mrs. Colbys!" :lol:

What would you have him do?

4. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,128
    Medals:
    I'm for Miles as well. He could have fallen in love with Sammy Jo and then it would have been him and Jeff fighting over a woman again. Sammy Jo could have asked Fallon for advice for obvious reasons. :D

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    I wanna rate this comment "like" and "funny" at the same time. :lol:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,731
    Medals:
    For him to be Adam’s rival, in lieu of Steven, Jeff would be too focused on the nazi art along with Dex & Blake,

I’d have Adam & Miles have their dog fight.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,166
    Medals:
    We can put all these people in Season 10. Along with Caress. And Eva Braun.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,801
    Medals:
    Scene: Amanda enters the Carlton announcing, "I'm finally back!", she looks up and yells "Oh my God!" as a huge cow known as Alexis is about to land on her.

** THUD **

Scene goes black...

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,745
    Medals:
    Amanda II would smile it - and end up like a big, flat smiley face.
    If Alexis would be wheelchair-bound I'd like to see Caress taking care of Sister Dearest.
    (but Kate O'Mara wasn't available anymore?)
    Not sure about Sammy Jo, maybe she needed to move on to Melrose Place.
    Adam could be facing the wrath of Sam Dexter (and his daughter) and Dana could return to Denvah to stand by her man. A fabulous trial - 6 episodes at least.
    Steven I (Al Corley) could return to help Fallon and Jeff to save what's left of Denver-Carrington.
    He falls in love with a beautiful, mysterious young man who turns out to be…..shock-shock-shock a transsexual Lindsay Blaisdel.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,801
    Medals:
    Karen Cellini enters as the recast of Leslie the Lesbian Carrington: "I am butch now and wasn't murdered in that cabin, you guys!!!!"

Leslie looks up and sees Dexter falling...

** THUD **

Who lives - Leslie, the new found exciting lesbian or Dexter, an all around awful character.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,745
    Medals:
    But then again, the possibility of Dex landing on my face would make me smile too. It's raining men, hallelujah [/skank]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Amanda- I also wouldn´t have fire her. She could have been a sister for Adam like Fallon was to Steven. She would become Blake´s favourite after Fallon sleept with Zorelli. She could have join the mudfight over Jeff who beded all of them ...

I would have taken Miles instead of Monica. Alexis & Adam vs Sable & Miles. He could have fall in love with Amanda - which leds to trouble with jealous Fallon and Jeff ... Fallon: first you took daddy, then Jeff, now Miles ... what´s next? a ufo?

Ben
    could have been part of the consortium ...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,873
    Cecil Colby.

Krystle's season 8 digging into Alexis' conduct during Cecil Colby's heart attack & subsequent death could've revealed inconsistencies and ultimately a cover-up. His heart attack would've been genuine, but not the death, which he could've seen as a convenient method to remove himself from Denver and continue what he had begun as Logan Rhinewood in a much more effective manner elsewhere.

It could've been revealed Colby paid off doctors to fake his death and escape to his chateau in Switzerland out of which he would've continued to conspire against Blake and the Carringtons. He would've been revealed to have orchestrated a number of schemes & tragedies that had befallen the Carringtons over the years, including bankrolling the wedding massacre in Moldavia, while keeping an eye on Alexis through his trusted moles at Colbyco (too bad they quickly got rid of Gerald Wilson, his personal lawyer).

The revelation could've also tied into Sable's rape story in season 9 and this board's suggestion that he be revealed as the culprit (and the real father of Miles and Monica). Not to mention the Nazi treasure hunt, the crooked police captain and the limo lady. Season 10 could've then focused on bringing him and the people in his orbit who had been helping him commit his crimes over the years to justice. And Blake's nemesis and early Dynasty villain comes full circle in Dynasty's final chapters.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. colbyco

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +415
    - Even if I would loved Cecil being behind the massacre Dynasty was unbelieveable enough at this point. Viewers had enough of this kind of storylines ...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,873
    Except I don't think Dynasty's problem were the actual storylines, but their execution.

For example, the massacre more or less worked till they ruined it with the cop-out aftermath (never fully shedding any light on why it happened or giving the viewers a proper pay-off with lasting consequences).

On the other hand, most people here like season 9. But, if someone else had been in charge, they could've easily botched the story of a man whose wife is fighting brain tumor, while he's dealing with allegations he killed his ex-wife's lover 20 years prior, who was actually killed by his daughter, who forgot all about it, and it all began after the dead guy's corpse resurfaced, his beauty intact after being at the bottom of a lake for 20 years, while uncovering the family's Nazi treasure secrets.

All of these storylines are a little (or a little more) over the top, the question is if the producers can pull them off or not.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. colbyco

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Agree.

17. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    I agree that execution matters, but lousy storylines matter also, and DYNASTY suffered from this in its lackluster years. Like, you can't make the Sarah Curtis one work with anyone, though of course you can make it as bad as they did.

Season 9 plots had a cheesy factor, but that was DYNASTY after the season 2 internal reboot (Nascar straight Steven, cartoon evil Cecil). I agree with you that they could have been made terrible, but that's what any show needs: someone with vision at the helm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +432
    Dana should have stayed, with Krystle and Steven missing, the show needed a good people to be related with.

Bringing Monica was a mistake, her "affair" with Jeff was some bad taste and her arrival changed AGAIN the genealogical tree of the Colbys which was absolutely not necessary.

Now, replacing Virginia was necessary indeed and I think Amanda was perfect for that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    While I can obviously agree where Dana and Amanda are concerned, I must disagree about Monica. I loved watching her scenes, she brought a sense of fun and mischief with her. I will agree her scenes with Jeff were a little too flirtatious, but I can shrug it off since nothing ever happened between them, and I loved the resulting fight scene with Adam - plus the way how she punched Adam in the finale was too delicious. :D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1