Who should play Dominique?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Ked, May 15, 2018.

1. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Wait, did I get my Millies mixed up? I know nuJeff's mama is nuBlake's half-sister. Is she nuMillie or is it nuJeff's maternal grandma (Cecil's secretary/lover) who's nuMillie?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Are you suggesting nuBlake finds out he has another half-sibling who may or may not be another offspring of Grandpa Carrington? Twisty.

3. B.J. Ewing

B.J. Ewing Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Yep. On the other hand: why another? Maybe Blake needed to find his brother Ben, whom he didn’t have contact with in years. Who turned out to have had a sex change and now lives under the name of Dominique Deveraux.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Naughty. :) I like the idea of an outrageously flamboyant person on the show. I think it ought to be someone who's seen and heard sporadically throughout the season/series though, a pop in & out, here-and-there kind of character; not someone with a lot of on-screen time packed into a couple of heavy-duty episodes. So, perhaps not Ben. ....Besides, I thought cwDynasty had already dealt with o-Ben, with its '2 Benedicks' joke per Fallon's acerbic comment referencing Steven & Sam as they ate their eggy breakfast with Alexis in the loft.

• Like Like x 1
  5. B.J. Ewing

B.J. Ewing Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Flamboyant. Good one! I think what Joan Collins did for Dynasty 1, no one has done that (yet) for Dynasty 2. (I have not seen all the episodes yet, just a few.) I really think a flamboyant character could be a family member who has had a sex change. And I think that family member should be a man-now-woman, because a woman-now-man would only wear suits, right? No, we need feathers, make-up and big hair (again). And of course the drama of some Carringtons who accept her and some who don’t. The gay thing is so passé. No shock value anymore. Maybe the drag thing neither, not sure, don’t know anyone personally, but to me it would be interesting.

6. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Last week I binge-watched the series for the feel of it. I don't think the show feels there's any shock value or issues of acceptance to be had from gender identity & sexual orientation/proclivities. ....I suspect the drama around a family member who's had a sex change comes mostly from those who've known them personally for a long time but are not supportive of their choices. I believe that if I'd known I had an uncle Benito for some 20-30 odd years but had not known much about him since childhood and then he one day appeared in my life as a woman, I wouldn't have an issue.

cwDynasty looks to be milking what it can from different forms of bad, even outlandish behaviour, which allows it to be more dramedy than drama. nuKirby, if she hasn't grown out of her childhood inclinations, might just top the others.

As for "feathers, make-up and big hair", be careful what you wish for. There's that little thing called 'interpretation'. The feathers Cristal was decked out in for an official photograph was downright tacky. Then again, she might have purposely chosen that 'wrap' just to irritate Blake, knowing that he'd be forced to grin and bear it. Yet, when I look at some of the clothes she and Fallon have worn, gowns & day wear, I don't know. nuAlexis is an aging tart who doesn't seem to want to dress her age. But maybe more money in her hands will see a change to a more classy look.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  7. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    I wonder why they did not make Steven a transgender instead of a gay man. Then, the old love-hate dynamic between him (her) and Blake could have remain like in the old show, but for different reasons.

Ironically, Esther Shapiro thought Sammy Jo was a transgender character in the reboot because Sammy Jo is now a man and not a woman. It tells you how carefully she supervises this new production. :giggle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,466
    I'm glad they didn't. This way, Steven gets to be what he could have been in the original show. And its nice seeing Blake having a more stable relationship with his son.

What an idiot this woman is. I'm sorry, but she just keeps on coming up with more and more of these things...

9. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Ugh, silly twit me! :eek: I meant to write "Tom's", not "Cecil's".