Who Still Longs For The Original...?

Discussion in 'Rant Room' started by ClassyCo, Jun 11, 2019.

1. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +659
    I'm certain I'm not the only one here that misses the Soap Chat before this one...? Will it ever be entirely back to what we had all helped establish on the original?

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +19,606
    Medals:
    If you feel there's something missing then you can start a new thread:)

Not every forum member is going to stick around for such a long time. I miss some of them, I really do, but their online activity (at least on soapchat) had already diminished significantly before the site crashed, and I suspect that the crash was the perfect excuse to get out, as it were.

All the new discussions leave me very little time to read the old ones, and I think many of us were different people then. I wouldn't even recognize the stuff that I have posted 10 or 15 years ago. It wouldn't make sense to revive and continue a discussion based on those very old posts.

I do miss some of the fabulous review threads e.g. Watching/Ranking Disney on Bluray.

• Like Like x 5
  3. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +659
    Thanks. ;)

4. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,167
    Medals:
    I also miss the original Forum, more so the threads that were created and are now lost that i can never go back and re read them.

And I wish i had saved things that I posted at the time like Significant dallas events - ie cast dying, or what i was up to re Dallas and meeting or bumping into cast at the time, my thoughts, feelings, excitement or sadness at events like BBG dying, getting invited on spur of moment to the party after the unveling of Ed Thrashers star in palm Springs and geting to hang about with Sue Ellen from dallas, the bionic woman and touched by an Angels della reese , meeting larry and Linda in NY just because i was there at the same time and it wasnt planned by me, it was luck, chance and coincidence and very exciting and an added bonus - icing on the cake with a cherry on top.

I wrote all my thoughts and feelings here but not in a diary and I now regret that as i always thought i can come here and re read it.

I also liked to re read threads of posters i have met in real life but no longer post. Sadly I dont think we will ever get the old forum back in temrs of all the wonderful threads and i mean that in relation to dallas as it was live and happening at that point in time and it had a lost of posters in early/late 2000sbut for Dallas - which was always my love here - lots of people have come and gone and it no longer generated the same traffic or discussion

back in the day I could visit daily and i would be still reading on page 2 because of all the new posts - that doesnt happen now and there are far less posts.

I cant comment for KL, Falcon crest, Dynasty etc as they arent forums i really frequent if that makes sense

I think other forums like the lounge, film, music have picked up where old forum left off and thats great and not much is that different there and are still busy and people posting. And like anything in real life, people come and people go, cest la vie but its great that people DO still come here and post and long may that continue.

I am also very grateful for all the people i have met in "real life" from here which has been lovely and nice to put a face to a name

Most people think of me as small and blonde like BBG! Im neither lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  5. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +319
    Medals:
    i miss it too, but than it also had been re-done so many times since the site was created as well, i wasn't here back than nor was a Dallas fan yet either. but i do miss the old look, either way i think you would have had to update the look anyways with Xenefro anyways at some point so the look would have looked different regardless, though those threads would still be here though that's really the only different thing i think oh and all the data that was lost too