Who was nicer, Emma or Maggie?

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Arlene Halloran, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +505
    Emma was eccentric with mental health issues yet she had this nice nature, despite talking back to mummy dearest. Maggie was a polar opposite to Angela, down to earth and pleasant. Who is your choice as the nicest, which blonde?

• Like Like x 4
  2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,522
    Ooh, though choice!

I'd have to go with the L'Oreal Beauty Haired Queen. But Emma is sort of my favourite character besides Melissa, so maybe her after all...

• Like Like x 4
  3. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,326
    Emma.

Maggie was nice but had an edge to her and sometimes was vengeful whereas Emma had a naivety about her that lead to her being pure unadulterated nice.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,486
    I suppose Emma was the nicer of the two characters. Chase and later Richard's wife was the moral center of the show, good and never under handed. Maggie could bring the likes of Angela, Lance and Melissa to rights with a fair assessment of their doings or sayings. As @Angela Christmas has said Emma had this naivety about her; the wine matriarch's youngest daughter was very child like, even when the show was airing she would have been in her thirties. Lovable, funny and very unlucky in her life status with men would be a further perception of Emma.

Angela is talking to Emma; about her underworld admirer De Bercy, who really is cartel honcho Gustav Riebmann, (a scene from season 4, 1984 - '85):

Angela: "The only thing he can see is M.O.N.E.Y."

Emma: "And sometimes you're not N.I.C.E!"

• Like Like x 3
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,432
    I think Emma and Cole secretly got it on. And Maggie taped it.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +617
    Ha ha Snarky ...... but they were 1st cousins once removed. Btw Maggie wouldn't have done anything as seedy.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Emma I guess. Sweet and somewhat innocent baby daughter of bossy Mrs. Channing. She was loved by all who had the pleasure of knowing her.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Romain

Romain Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I would definitely say Emma. I'm currently watching the show for the first time and I'm right in the middle of Season 3, at a point where I have been thinking for a few episodes now that Emma is the only character on the canvas who doesn't have a single enemy.

- Richard takes glee in infuriating everyone, from Angela and Chase to Julia (who he gleefully told that Melissa was expecting his child) but he recently showed up at Angela's doorstep to inquire about Emma's whereabouts after she skipped work for a couple of days.

- Of course, Angela and Chase, besides both hating Richard with a passion, are at each other's throat, and Maggie is caught in the middle of these conflicts in spite of her kind nature.

- Maggie is also obviously siding with Cole and Linda (another nice character in my opinion) in their bitter fight for custody of Joseph opposite Lance and Melissa (who hates everyone from Angela to Phillip Erikson, including her lover Richard, with the sole exception of Emma).

- Add to that the fact that Maggie is having a tough time dealing with Terry (who I'm starting to see as Falcon Crest's answer to Knots Landing's Abby, by the way) and her constant schemes. While Emma did inquire about Terry when Michael told her he wasn't interested in pursuing a relationship with her, she doesn't seem to view her as a rival as far as I can tell so far and seems to have turned her attention towards Julia's psychiatrist Dr. Otto Foster.

- Also, Maggie's "genius" idea of writing an article about her late mother-in-law Jacqueline Perrault is not exactly helping her make new friends, as in the latest episode I watched she actually received an anonymous letter telling her to drop it or she'd have to face the consequences.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,812
    That never stopped anyone on Dynasty. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +493
    Emma was the nicest.

• Agree Agree x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 7)