Dallas Character Who was your least favorite out of Sue Ellen's affairs or boyfriends?

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Presea, Sep 20, 2016.

?

Who did you think was Sue Ellen's worst affair or boyfriend?

1. Cliff Barnes

3.7%
  2. Dusty Farlow

1.9%
  3. Clint Ogden

24.1%
  4. Peter Richards

38.9%
  5. Dr. Jerry Kenderson

5.6%
  6. Nicholas Pierce

7.4%
  7. Don Lockwood

18.5%
  1. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +667
    I'm happy to see it's fairly unanimous between Peter and Clint. Clint bored the hell out of me but Peter still irritates me more.

2. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +4,840
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    The fact that Swellin and Peedur didn´t match at all is what makes them so fascinating to watch. It´s almost incestuous and worth of a Greek tragedy. A woman trusts his son to a young man young enough to be her son too, and everybody but herself suspects there might be something going on. And finally it happens, but only once: enough to get her pregnant with his baby...or not? They recycled the John Ross mysterious paternity plot and should have stuck to it, instead of the abortion (very likely caused by a very jealous Jenna who wanted for her the title of lady of the manor) hit by a car, she should have had the baby, a daughter, and this time the paternity should have gone to Peedur. This way Swellin would have always had this secret over JR´s head instead of the awful movie-of-the-week about him. "If you hurt me, I will say to everybody that baby Kristin (why not?) is Peter´s daughter because you are not a stud anymore."

Oh and back to the topic, Dusty was my favorite Sue Ellen lover, though I did like that what made her bond with Nicholas was pure sex: they really enjoyed in bed with each other and none of them said the word "love" once. That was original for a change...Clint and Don were bore as hell and old Swellin would have devoured both of them. I sort of liked that she "used" old Ray for a moment of passion, and Jerry Kenderson was a huggable teddy bear who didn´t deserve such a messed-up woman as Swellin (nor Abby, if you ask me!).

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +667
    Nicholas was my preference, appearance and personality-wise. Dusty was only decent the first time around.

4. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +690
    I remember liking Sue Ellen's being with Cliff at first, but I also recall being disappointed in the end. It's been some time since I watched those episodes, but I remember feeling unfulfilled with the outcome of the Sue Ellen-Cliff-J.R. love triangle.

For me, out of her flings, Sue Ellen worked best with Dusty. His second tenure wasn't as effective, but his first go-round was well-written and executed. I cannot remember what I posted here prior about the others, but I now seem to have soft spot for Peter, if only for those snotty kids thinking Sue Ellen was his mother.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +903
    I don't have a problem with an older woman/younger man love story but casting Christopher Atkins and dressing him in short-shorts and crop-tops was way too much. Atkins didn't look old enough to shave. They should have hired a dark haired, college-aged actor and dressed him in polo shirts and chinos. Sure, Peter should have had a killer bod but we didn't need to see it in every scene. Peter should have been written as very intelligent and mature but not very experienced romantically.

6. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +690
    True, had the casting here been different, the character and its story arc would have been better executed and appreciated by the critics and fans. (Maybe...?) Casting always plays a pivotal role in the proper execution taking place with these types of shows and the revolving door of characters in the midst of it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Billy Wall

Billy Wall Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +275
    I voted Peter Richards. BUT, that storyline was well worth it because of the big finale where JR tells Sue Ellen, “I want you in my bed tonight. Don’t wait up, I’ll probably be late.” That was classic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,131
    as I said in another thread (to @Sarah's horror), imagine if instead of Charlie's boyfriend a couple of years later, Brad Pitt had been cast as Peter - still pretty to look at, but not 'prepubescent'.

Someone where you could see Sue Ellen being like “I know I shouldn’t be thinking this, but damn, that Peter is hot!” A bit more the equivalent of Kristin, minus the guile.

I guess Peter was kind of supposed to be that way, but he was so prepubescent and sexless, it seemed, at least when I see the episodes now when I’m not all that far from Sue Ellen’s age at the time.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  9. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +667
    I have to say I don't understand all the dislike for Don. I liked his character. (Is it because I'm British?) He was a little bit of comic relief when Dallas wasn't at its best anymore. I came across this scene recently on YouTube.

John Ross' line - "Why can't you find someone like uncle Cliff?" - is hysterical. If only he had known... :oops:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,131
    ha, that whole video is pretty tremendous, actually!