Who would you recast as Alexis?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Ked, Mar 24, 2019.

1. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +436
    Or not !

2. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +348
    If I had to go through a Beverly Hills casting, to get a younger Alexis, I'd rather pick Jennie Garth :

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ferdnand Colby

Ferdnand Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +70
    She looks too cute to be Alexis... but, in the other hand, this could be Kelly Taylor's revenge towards Jake Hanson 25 years later...

I guess Elaine Hendrix would be great for this, however, there must be a lot of non-famous talented actresses willing to fill Sheridan's shoes. The question here is, is CW even trying to find her?

I think Peach D needs more really hard bitches. In soap world we have Amandas Woodward, Victorias Grayson or Julies Cooper-Nichols, hot women with no limits when they want something. This adds drama, plots and storylines to soaps, which somehow balances the dame-in-distress behavior lead ladies are supposed to have searching for love, something Fallon is going through at this point, making Dynasty The Fallon Show

• Like Like x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,121
    Medals:
    Well...there was Blake's real wife
    upload_2019-4-23_2-20-54.png

5. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +138
    And...his real ex-wife...But unfortunately she was never on Peach Dynasty. :( Katherine LaNasa's character Ada actually acted and in some ways was written more like original Dynasty's Alexis than Nicollette's version of Alexis.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  6. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +138
    I wish. The next episode states: Romantic issues surface between Fallon and Liam; Adam unveils the "new" Alexis to the family.

7. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +802
    "New" Alexis = Rita Leslie.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +348
    I thought that Denise Richardson would have been a good Sheridan's replacement for Alexis. But yesterday I learnt she was hired to star in The Bold & The Beautiful. If Denise is willing to do daytime soap, CW surely could get her with their budget. Anyway, too late.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  9. Damien

Damien Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say Emma Samms or Heather Locklear.

10. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,595
    Medals:
    Now that the producers have bought some time, I'm guessing they've cast a much wider net. They can branch out past the semi-famous names (which can be cast rather quickly due to their reputation and/or resume) into the lesser-known actresses who might actually have more to offer. A relative unknown might be best if they're planning to hit a reset button on the character [/says a prayer], and of course they would come cheaper. The new actress would also come without "expectations" from viewers who know the actress from other projects and picture her doing things the same as their previous job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ferdnand Colby

Ferdnand Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +70
    What if Sarah Michelle Gellar takes that role? Hehe, tbh I have mixed feelings when thinking about it...

I remember her being a teen bitch in Cruel Intentions, but even though she's in her early 40s, she still looks very young, and there's no way in this planet that I buy that she was Nicolette Sheridan ever before, and even worse, that she is Fallon's mom.

Maybe a Caress?

Elaine Hendrix would still be a great choice as Alexis.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    Such casting rarely works. Other than Heather Locklear on Melrose, who indeed rejuvenated the show, most big name casting is a dud. Dallas and Dynasty for the most part made people's careers, they weren't made by them, even if some of them had some role(s) in the past. And a certain Dynasty clone in the 80s put a lot of money into hiring film have-been stars (Heston, Stanwyck, Ross) but the one people ended up talking about was Beecham, a relative unknown. Even in peach Dynasty, the social media that actually deal with the Gillieathon discuss Liam, and nobody knew Adam Huber from any other Adam.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +348
    Like the sitcom Friends. No big names. The show made them famous.

That's why NuDynasty doesn't need big name. Nicollette Sheridan didn't bring new watchers. And then, writers wasted Alexis.
    By the way, how a "broke trailer white woman" can afford to pay the best surgeon in europe, stay in europe, and have her face totally redone ? Well, NuDynasty it is...

I'm still upset by the lack of concern of the Carringtons for Steven. Not even a phone call to the french institute ? Those people just care about themselves. Even Sam is so self absorbed than he said about the masquerade - and I quote - that he deserved it. What ? For what reason ? For not even care about your ex situation, even if you still live with his family's money. So yes, the actor is sweet. But his character is just a "lovely" parasite.

Kirby has been out for 2 episodes, "promo touring" with Glo, and it's like she never ever existed. I don't ask all the characters to remember and talk about her. But at least one (Anders ? He's his father I have been told. Michael ? He was having a thing with her...)

And Cristal, she lost her Baby, and she may not be able to have one in the future, and it's like she doesn't f...ing care. There is no emotional consequences in this show. Whatever they face, there is no plot or psychological follow up. No consistency. Yes it is bad/lazy writing. Whatever the writers and the show runner say to themselves, no, they are not talented people. Sarcasm and punch lines are neither a plot or character's growth and development.

My bet is Fallon won't be a publisher for long. They conveniently needed her to be, to reconnect her with Liam. But when his book is not a matter anymore, they surely make her forget her publishing duties... Yeah that's how good the writers are :D

Anyway, sorry for the out of topic comment. I should focus on Alexis re-recast.

Well, I don't care that much. If they write her like trash, even the most talented actress won't be able to save the character. And after NS departure, there is no big name in the world stupid enough to take over a such badly written character/show.

Dynasty urgently needs a new show runner and a new writing team. Something à la David Paulsen was for original Dynasty. Or Angela King, replacing Scott Simple on The Walking Dead.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    It is a psychopaths' tale, written by wanna-bes
    full of passé lines and fake fury,
    signifying nothing.

Except for the occasional episode produced by some impostors who pretend to be the peach Dynasty team to get their show across. They are the CW resistance.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +348
    :giggle:

It's crazy that a sitcom like "Mom" has a lot of development (even even some emotional moments with the death of some characters in 3 seasons) and has a huge consistency, from the characters history and development to some details of the plots..

NuDynasty is both schizophrenic and suffering of memory loss through one episode to an other.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,121
    Medals:
    I'm afraid Alexis doesn't work, regardless of the actress who plays her. But I like Liz Gillies playing the freak-show Alexis.

17. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Alexis needs more than a new actress and face...she needs a personality transplant. I don't remember Alexis ever being a whiner, but NuNu (and likely) NUAlexis comes across that way. I've come to the (hopefully faulty) conclusion that NuDynasty writers never had the intention of making Nu(NuNU)Alexis as fierce and witty as original Alexis.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    Which is shocking, because they appeared so committed to the original personality of all the other core characters... :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,732
    Medals:
    I love SMG, she's such a talented actress and I can totally see her playing a bitch like Alexis. I remember she used to star in a teen soap called "Swans Crossing" early on in her career which was marketed as a "Dynasty for kids".

But like you pointed out she is way too young to portray Fallon's mom.

20. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,121
    Medals:
    I'm sure everyone is going to be mega-excited for Alexis' re-introduction. Roll on season 3!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1