Who's The Best Fallon? Poll - the 2018 edition.

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Willie Oleson, May 13, 2018.

?

see thread title

This poll will close on Jun 12, 2018 at 5:53 PM.
  1. Fallon I

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. Fallon II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fallon III

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,605
    Please think about it carefully before you cast your vote.
    Fallon I was the original, Fallon II was on the best soap and Fallon III is the most relevant right now.
    Objectivity must prevail, but you can also vote if you don't want to be objective.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,796
    Is "best" the same as "most relevant now"?

I was thinking about this very question last night. I like the actress and her casting because she does a good job of capturing a contemporary version of Fallon: brittle and spoiled and highly intelligent, but unexpectedly vulnerable at times. She's exactly what you knew she'd be in nuDYNASTY were they to hire the right person and they did.

I still prefer Fallon I-a, PSM's original sassy take on Fallon, because you bought her as a character --not just as a feminist-slut archetype, which limits the nuDYNASTY Fallon somehow.

Fallon I-b, PSM's version from S3 and S4 is terribly muted. But she's still Martin.

Fallon III, from nuDYNASTY

Fallon II-b from S9 DYNASTY where her bite returned even though she was still Emma Samms.

Fallon II-a from THE COLBYS and S8 of DYNASTY, with Emma Samms told to act "like a wimp" -- I like Samms but not as Fallon, perhaps a Fallmont.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I vote just like Snarky : Martin, then Gillies, then Samms (even though I would put season 9's Samms before Gillies).

• Like Like x 3
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,605
    I only pointed out that voters could be tricked by sentiment (see reasons 1, 2 and 3).

:)

5. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +895
    As above

1. PSM
    2. S9 Emma Samms
    3. Nu Dynasty Fallon
    4. 85-88 Emma Samms

(Look there were four Fallons, lol)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Hi... Pamela Sue sent me. Ya know, to collect the award for BEST FALLON. Cos' like, she's the best and all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,828
    Pamela Sue, followed by Elizabeth.

Sorry, not sorry Emma.

8. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,409
    1: PSM in all the seasons even her worst seasons, because season 4 Fallon is still better than 1985-1988 Fallon

2: Elizabeth Gilles, she's the best thing on NuDynasty, she even looks like PSM! Excellent casting choice there, where as Early PSM Fallon was very late 60s/early 70s throwback, EG plays Fallon as a mid 2000s throwback.

3: Emma Samms Season 9, this was the closest we got to having the real Fallon in years by this point! She is awesome in this season

4: Reunion Emma Samms, a step back from how she was in season 9,
    Hated that she was with Miles again, years after that whole thing had been resolved!

5: '85-'88 Fallon, she was a different character altogether.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Fallon is Pamela Sue Martin. Even in season 4, where she was becoming a memory of her former self, she was Fallon.
    2. Emma Samms in Dynasty S8 and S9 was a recast, but a passable one--really good in S9 but fast improving even in S8 from the previous disaster.
    3. Emma Samms in THE COLBYS was as faithful to Fallon as THE COLBYS were to DYNASTY.

Sorry, but while the plot in peach DYNASTY has improved, some characters are still unrecognizable to me. I think the Blake-Cristal-Alexis trio is more defined and reminds me of the DYNASTY characters, and while re-imagined, Sammy Jo is also obviously a consistent character. Same with Anders. When I see nuFallon in scenes with Michael and Liam, I have a sense that is the mellower Fallon we saw in seasons 3 &4. But the Kardashian in other scenes does not remind me of Martin in seasons 1&2 or even Samms in seasons 8 & 9. Steven and Fallon are the two characters I still don't see as DYNASTY overall. Season 2 has its work cut out for it.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  10. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,069
    I think @Snarky's Ghost's post is spot on. Pamela Sue Martin was the best Fallon because she gave the character more of an edge which made her more interesting. Emma Sands is a good actress, and normally I don't mind recasts as I accept that they are inevitable in long running series, but she wasn't great as Fallon. I'm not a massive fan of Nu Dynasty but Elizabeth Gilles has created a version of the character and I agree with @ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 that she is one of the best things in the show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1