1. Show your support for DALLAS in the battle of the soaps

The Character's Exit

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are experiencing some issues and there may be some downtime to correct this. Apologies for any inconvenience

Dismiss Notice

Why did Victoria look her prettiest during her last year on DALLAS?

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Snarky's Ghost, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +3,490
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    Lookit, we all know VP fibs about plastic surgery (she was married to a surgeon, FFS!) and shaves four years off her age (because her birth in Japan, as "the first American baby born there after WW2" -- which ended in 1945, is easier to hide the records about), but why did she look so gorgeous in her final season on DALLAS?

She turned 41 during that season (she claimed she'd turned 37) but she was never prettier.

Did her facial structure change during the run of the show (I mean, before she was Margaret Michaels)? Was Victoria doing her make-up differently?

What was it??

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Alexis
    Angelic

Alexis Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,563
    I have noticed that a lot of women hit the peak of their attractiveness at around the age of 40 maybe even a little later. I see it all the time. I don't really know how to describe it. I'm not talking about rich trophy wives who marry money either, women in general. They go from being a pretty young woman to a knock out stunner. I have always thought it was some sort of biological evolutional hangover. It's usually the last chance that a woman can reproduce so it's like a last hurrah of sorts. I noticed this a long time ago, and it really holds true. Also I have heard from some women that they finally feel more confident in themselves and self assured in their late 30s and coming into their 40s.

The shape of the face changes slightly. Again I'm not talking about surgery. There is a slight slackening of the once plump skin, and you'd think this would be a bad thing. However, it makes the cheekbones more pronounced and the face more defined. Of course it doesn't last forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,490
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    I agree. It's as if, hormonally, women get a second wind -- as long as they stay in reasonable shape.

Men, much less so. (The old cliche that "men age better than women" is ridiculously false, as men are allowed to age -- that said, men are also allowed to die earlier).

As Joan Collins, in all her inadvertent wisdom, said a few years ago: there are a lot more women who are over 40 and fabulous then there are men.

Still, one tends to suspect Victoria was, and is, proactive in attaining whatever assistance she desires.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alexis
    Angelic

Alexis Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,563
    When you think about a lot of the lead females on the 1980s primetime soaps many of them were 40+ and stunningly beautiful. Joan Collins was almost 50 in 1982, and the Knots ladies were all 40 or thereabouts when the show was going on. Then you had Victoria and Linda on Dallas.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,490
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    Why is the crowd today less attractive? Oh, everybody's "pretty" now, and yet.... no one is.

What is it? I've even heard much younger people make that point, that the beautiful women from yesteryear -- or the ones who got hired -- were often prettier than the more perfect-looking people of today's media.

Opinions?

Anyway, it does look like Victoria may have had her nose shaved down slightly and her lips plumped by her final year -- very good work, by the way. Plus, the make-up's better and the acting is better (which also helps the face seem more alive).

Before:
    [​IMG]
    Later:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Barbara Fan
    Angelic

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,977
    Original Member Since:
    For me, Victoria Principal I thought was the most stunning woman on the planet in the 80s and so did many others as she constantly topped the polls of Who do you want to look like, who is the prettiest etc

I thought she was at her most beautiful best in the first half of S8 dream season, - After she was kidnapped / off with a bad back, I think she came back and her face had changed slightly especially her lips. But that scene on stage at OBB with Miss Ellie - i just thought WOW!

Never know why she had surgery as she was perfect

I have never found Joan Collins to be attractive at all,

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,490
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    After her "back injury" necessitating Pam's brief kidnapping, Victoria returned with a slightly swollen face. So one assumes she had a procedure over the weekend (out by the picnic tables performed by Harry while roasting weenies on the grill??) and something went slightly awry.

Oh, no, you're totally right.... well, mostly right. They say the best female impersonators are actually females, and Joan, especially as Alexis, was done up to the point of ridiculousness (although that was part of the fun of the character, that narcissism).

The irony is that Joan Collins, underneath all that paint and fake hair, actually was beautiful. And people who knew her personally and knew what she looked like beneath all that lacquer say she was genuinely very pretty. But she chose to paint on her head anyway -- not necessarily a good choice aesthetically. Unless you're playing Alexis.

So Joan became her own drag queen homage.

[​IMG]

8. Alexis
    Angelic

Alexis Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,563
    Too many people look the same. There was obviously an in style in the 1980s but all the women I mention had a different look. Even if they shared similar shape, and hair colour or whatever they were very different. Abby and Val on Knots for instance two slim gorgeous blonds but very different looking.
    Now everyone has the same hair, eyebrows, plump lips and cheeks. And a lot of actress in their late 30s and 40s have messed with their faces and that just makes them all look even more similar. I think it's best to hold off on the real work until you are like 50 at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alexis
    Angelic

Alexis Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,563
    Joan was always pretty but I think she looked her absolute best in the 1970s and 80s. She just has a perfect face for makeup though and when she played up what was already there and exaggerated it she became a fierce creature. She just has that glamour thing. She gets it. Not all women have it, not even all stunningly beautiful women have it.

10. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +376
    I'm actually always shocked by how pretty Victoria looks in those early years. She was never "old" on Dallas, but in the beginning she looked young and in comparison to her face after the emerald stuff in the dream, she was very pretty. It's very much a pretty thing, not a hot thing, she played the Pam "girl next door" part well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Richard Channing
    Happy

Richard Channing Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,720
    Original Member Since:
    December 21st, 2013
    For me this was Pam's prettiest era, or maybe sexiest, I'm not sure.

1000full-victoria-principal.jpg

It might be cause I loved her hair like this. In her final season she was too pale and porcelain looking for me. The nose job and whatever else she had made her look more delicate maybe, but not prettier for me. Here she was a total fox.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Swami
    Amused

Swami Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,862
    Original Member Since:
    April 2006
    I always thought Victoria looked stunning right through her entire stay on Dallas but I agree she did look especially beautiful in season 10.

Swami

• Like Like x 1
  13. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,490
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    She was also very vulnerable to how she was photographed. Both Linda and Joan often looked far rougher than they had to due to terrible lighting from time to time, despite DYNASTY's glamour image (which apparently just meant the gowns).

14. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,490
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    "Bobby -- I can never come home to you and Christopher. I've had..... a back injury."

[​IMG]

15. Alexis
    Angelic

Alexis Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,563
    I agree sometimes in the same season they could look absolutely amazing one minute then the next episode not so great. I know I thought one of the later seasons was where Linda didn't look as good. I think it might have been 8 or 9. And Joan didn't always look great in seasons 6 and 7.

16. Barbara Fan
    Angelic

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,977
    Original Member Since:
    i love this pic

[​IMG]

and this one

[​IMG]

I loved her look all thro Dallas but especially S2, 4, 5, 6, and 8 original
    She had it all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  17. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Original Member Since:
    About 2005
    08EC96E6-177D-4A51-ACA3-CFD35AB67CA2.jpeg
    Perfection personified

• Like Like x 1
  18. StrangerDynastyTreeNat89
    Breezy

StrangerDynastyTreeNat89 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    Original Member Since:
    22nd June 2010
    I had this discussion with a mate of mine the other day after watching MAD MEN at the moment I think January Jones and Christina Hendricks are the most beautiful (and sexiest) women on the planet, matter of opinion of course, but there is something timeless looking about them.

It got me thinking, who else is beautiful, who has that classic beauty today compares to those in the 1970s and 80s (never mind those from Hollywoods peak years of the 40s thru to 60s) I couldn't think of anyone else, back in the 80s you had Victoria Principle,
    Linda Gray, Linda Evans, Donna Mills, Joan Collins, Catherine Oxenberg, Pamela Sue Martin, Heather Locklear, Susan Sullivan etc etc, and that's just a small number of women I found beautiful.

I find that there's way too much make up today and not enough natural beauties but maybe that's just my perspective.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  19. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,490
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Via The Void
    Breezy

Via The Void Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +420
    I always thought Victoria was beautiful.

Yeah, she does look very pretty in season ten, just a shame it was her last season.

Pam Ewing.jpg