Why not Lucas?

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by JRandSueEllenForever, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +518
    Cidre was the one who was despicable!!

She took a well loved hit series & ruined it!

Daffy also has another piece of good advice for Cidre:

Daffy.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    I think they should've had Lucas come to the ranch, only it turns out he's a serial killer as a homage to one of the most beloved plots on Original Dallas, plus I think such a storyline would've really appealed to the TNT audience. He could kill off boring characters such as Valene, Gary, Lucy, Cally, Mandy, Ray, Michelle, James, dig up Valene's corpse and murder her again, Jenna, Afton and summon Valene's spirit via an ouija board only to damn her to eternal suffering in hell.

The final scene could be him in Lady Jessica drag pissing on Miss Ellie's grave.

3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,550

Maybe they didn't like the last seasons? There's not exactly much praise for it on these forums.
    Therefore I find it kind of funny that they "should have mentioned Cally's child" in the sequel series. To be honest I had not expected to see Cally on TNT Dallas and I thought it was a lovely little scene, a nice detail.
    If she hadn't showed up, no-one would have said "where was Cally?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,859
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Well, if they didn´t like the latter seasons, it didn´t seem so. They brought back the McKays and NuTracey was going to have a bigger storyline. They also seemed to know the runaway mummy storyline and Pam´s last appearance in the show, as well as the existence of "wife nº 2" and what happened to Ewing Oil at the end...but what about the first 5 classic seasons, the relationship between Ray & Donna or Katherine´s fate? Lame lame lame.

[​IMG]

...including the TNT Dallas girls!​

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,550
    It's 13 (14?) seasons. By the time they were watching the last seasons they probably had forgotten all the details from 600 episodes ago.
    Of course they could have re-watched the first 5 seasons, but then they'd forget what happened in the last seasons.
    They would have to watch DALLAS on a loop, there would be no time to write NuDallas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,859
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Yes but what happened in those 5 last years "of shame" is as forgettable and expendable as the whole Dream Season, IMHO.

Now that you mention it, if CC didn´t really write it (save exceptions), nor was the only executive producer, nor was the "memory bank" of all things "Dallas" ( :laugh1: ), why was she there?

Why wasn´t she penning the second season of "Cane", for instance, and not punishing all the viewers with "Dallas does Mexico" or "The Coke-aine Lords (or Ladies...)" or "The Mambo Kings II"?:re:

[​IMG]
    :crazy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Well that's just the thing. CC did not even watch all of Dallas. She watched less than 1/3 of the episodes. So that's why she and her team couldn't keep the details from the original 357 episodes straight. Because they had never even bothered to watch all of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,419
    I read in an interview with Cidre that she said she planned to bring back an old fan favorite character in the new season. She said that she wouldn't tell who it was, but that, "it is a she". When I first read that, I assumed she was planning to make up for her fatal error with Katherine and bring her to the show. I should've known that it was something like this, although it would have been an opportunity to bring Lucas in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,194
    I had my fingers crossed it would have been Katherine but there was the small matter of reversing CC's decision to have Bobby kill off Katherine mid-sentence. The other female characters I would have liked to see would have been Sly (at JR's Memorial), Marilee Stone or surprise, surprise Donna.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +516
    James never slept with Cally, she told J.R that just ti p*ss him off - it was J.R's for definite.

He found her running a cafe art gallery and then left without speaking to her and it's never been mentioned since - she was last seen at his funeral where everyone acted like they liked each other and no one mentioned the child.

11. tommie

tommie Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    To be fair, most people tend to be on their best behavior at funerals and people's memories often become much nicer when someone dies. It's the same thing that happened to Jock, but it's also very true to life. A lot of crap people pulled when they were alive tend to be forgotten when they die.

Also, working in a line about having JRs child for what was a brief cameo is ultimately not what I would've wanted. They could've introduced Cally's child with JR eventually, sure but doing it randomly at the funeral and then doing nothing with it would be pointless. The same thing with Lucas.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018 at 7:59 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,194
    That was the failure from those involved with TNT Dallas. They hadn't done their homework. If they had focused their attention on the Ewing family from the outset rather than the Ramos, Ryland and Mexican Drug Cartels we would instead be talking about Cally's child, Lucas and even Margaret. There were stories to be told regarding those other offspring. And what better opportunity to create drama if someone like Lucas just turned up at Uncle JR's Memorial. The issue was "Cancellation" was already hovering over TNT Dallas.

It's why I will never purchase TNT Dallas because at times when I watched episodes I could feel my anger rising at how ridiculous it had become. I don't wish to inflict that kind of pain on myself again.

• Winner Winner x 1