Will & Grace back?

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by The holiday Whore, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Jolly Jason73

Jolly Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,376
    I'm enjoying the revival--it feels like wrapping myself in a comfortable blanket every time I watch. The second episode was an improvement over the first and felt like an "old school" episode, but at the same time it owned up to the fact that the characters are older now. The second episode was a good combination of examining the relevance of being a forty-something gay now, along with the slapstick humor that I always enjoyed in the original. Plus, how can I not love an episode that incorporates love for Madonna and Dixie Carter's "And that's the night the lights when out in Georgia" speech from Designing Women.

Side note: I've also started re-watching the original from season one, which I'm also enjoying.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,908
    I saw the second episode the other night. The energy is still there, and the dialogue is true to form.

So what's the problem?

There was too much canned laughter, for one thing. Something is feeling too forced about it, which isn't necessary because all the elements seem to be there.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mel O'Kalikimaka

Mel O'Kalikimaka Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,314
    The W&G revival is finally airing on UK TV. Episode One aired on Friday, and I watched it on Sunday.

The tone of the series is very impressive. I was expecting to have to work a little to get into the show, but it was such an easy watch. The energy and the chemistry made the experience feel like just what it was... an episode of Will & Grace. Albeit an atypical one, what with the trip to the White House and everything.

The humour feels more overtly political this time round. So far it's fine, but I hope they tone down the Trump references a little. That said, my biggest laugh came from the moment where Grace wanted to check the decor would work with Trump's colouring and pulled out a Cheeto.

• Like Like x 2