Worst Dallas Characters

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by ClassyCo, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +552
    I totally wished this would have happened!
    The Sue Ellen and Peter fling was definitely one of the weaker components of the show's best seasons. But what can we do?

2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,903
    Heaven forbid anyone ever cheat on saintly JR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,032
    I don't think it was possible to have anything be out of character for Sue Ellen. Her family, the Ewings, J.R., Cliff, and her alcoholism had twisted her so much, she was just a constant keg waiting for the next explosion.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,782
    I thought it was an interesting relationship, but not ugly or twisted.

5. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +567
    You really don't think it was possible for anything to be out of character for Sue Ellen? If that's true, then you don't think she had any likes or dislikes because that would require her to value one thing more highly than another. Valuing one thing more than another would create a character trait which in turn would make it in character for her to choose one thing over another...Choosing the thing she valued less than the other would be out of character unless of course she were so neurotic as to sacrifice her higher values for lower values.

For example, do you think it would be in character for her that she would divorce J.R. so she could marry Peter even if that meant that she knew J.R. would get custody of John Ross? There are women who value their children so little that they would choose to marry young men they are very physically attracted to even though they may have virtually nothing in common and marrying them would mean they would certainly lose custody of their children. I don't think Sue Ellen was one of those women though. I believe it would have been out of character for Sue Ellen to divorce J.R. so that she could marry Peter even if her lawyer told her that doing so would ensure that JR. would win full custody of John Ross.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018