Worst hit TV sitcom......

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by TJames03, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,188
    Medals:
    The main issue I had with One Day was that it would have worked better as a family drama rather than a sitcom. Too many of the plotlines were not the kind of stuff you should laugh at, like Julie running away and Ann's second husband dying (and leaving her a stepson to raise). It ended up being so heavy that you didn't really enjoy a lot of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +547
    Medals:
    Thenshiw simply was not funny even without that. Especially the dreadful "Alex" years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +780
    Same w/Diff'rent Strokes (too many Very Special Episodes)!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +640
    Add me to the list of "One Day At A Time" haters. That show was wretchedly awful, thank you very much Missy Baxter. Bonnie Franklin was utterly devoid of charisma. Mackenzie Phillips was coked out of her mind. What deviant thought Schneider using his master-key to enter the apartment of three women around the clock was funny?

The success of "Scrubs" makes no sense to me, I watched several episodes and didn't laugh once. The acting is so broad it's as if the cast know the scripts are devoid of humor and feel they have to over-compensate by acting goofy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +547
    Medals:

Even the theme song pisses me off. The "Alex" years were beyond a POS.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,844
    Medals:
    Although I found her vey convincing as a bitch-mom.

7. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +640
    Franklin's co-star Mary Louise Wilson agrees with you on the bitch part of that, she also thought the show wasn't funny. Wilson asked to let go after just one season.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +547
    Medals:
    MLW also said that her "bowels would freeze" every time she got a new script to read. However, her character was beyond out of place on the show. Ann never needed a friend to vent to because that is what the daughter's were for. Ginny was not funny, either. Knowing the true behind the scenes story, you could tell thst she had nothing invested in her character, she just wanted out....

9. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,480
    Medals:
    It was very popular but I hated The Royle Family and Shameless - anything involving farting or bodily functions or just disgustingness. Barf.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +772
    Medals:
    Same here. I loved Don Knotts on Andy Griffith, but I absolutely loathed him on Three's Company. I'm surprised so many people actually preferred Mr. Furley over the Ropers.

11. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,636
    Medals:
    Totally hated Monty Python's Flying Circus when they repeated it. Just couldn't understand why it was considered to be revolutionary comedy unless the revolution was not being funny. Mrs Brown's Boys is a pile of do do and Still Open All Hours is just a reincarnation of Last of The Summer Wine and is just as dire.

12. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +277
    Medals:
    i love Python but the ones with John Cleese are the best, now is all the sketches funny no they aren't. but than you say that about anything really. i'm a bigger fan of their albums actually than the tv show. but to each their own i guess, comedies i can't stand off the top of my head? well there's The big bang theory i cannot stand the show and i detest it with all my being and i love the theme song really only cause i'm a huge BNL fan that's about it. every blows Raymond as i call it. i love the cast on that show do not get me wrong all of them are really talented people but i can't stand the show. there is also Two and a half men as well that i cannot stand either, but than i don't watch today's sitcoms either though i did watch the reboot of murphy brown that i really loved. true it wasn't as good as the Original show but than the show had been off the air for 20 years and it was still a pretty solid season i think too