Would Heather Locklear have been better than Nicollette?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by tommie, Oct 17, 2018.

?

Yes or no?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Another prime time soap vixen!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,351

I mean who could play her better?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    I've taken your poll at face value. I voted yes only because at this point anyone could play Alexis better than Nicolette. That said I'm not entirely blaming Nicolette here. The writers and directors need to accept blame for this interpretation of Alexis. For such a build up - more so than original Dynasty because it was all an unknown then - this version of Alexis has been burnt, much like the champagne Alexis served to Dominique Deveraux all those years ago.

Why the incessant need to cast former prime time actors. I still believe it would have been best for the producers to go for a complete unknown. Less baggage could have worked wonders in this scenario but I understand why producers wished to go for a name to potentially attract new viewers. So far its not working.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +398
    I blame the writers for ruining Alexis this time around. It's just not right, she's just not memorable, not iconic, simply a ditzy nobody.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +423
    Locklear is beyond a Cluster. No.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ray_Krebbs

Ray_Krebbs Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +142
    How about Kimberly Foster? I think she played bitchy well as Michelle Stevens on Dallas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Emeleez Navidad

Emeleez Navidad Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,106
    Heather isn't fit to play any meaty character right now. Big no to that. Besides, I don't even like her. :oops:

7. The holiday Whore

The holiday Whore Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,759
    I mean... Who doesn't like Heather Locklear?

Anyways. Had Heather not been going threw a lot of stuff these last few years she would have been great. And having worked with the real Alexis so much she would have been able to do it right while still making the role her own. She likely would have understood better what made Alexis tick.

I remember reading an old interview with Heather where she said she loved watching the older cast of Dynasty do scenes and that she learned a lot from them.

All that being said, the problem with this version of Alexis has little to do with Nicollette. The writers have created a tragic character and show that despite all the waffle about loving the original show they really have no idea what Alexis is or should be. It's a mess...

But then look how they fucked up with Cristal too. Instead of fixing it by better writing they chose to recast. Something that was a nail in the coffin of the original show.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,625
    Having worked with JC probably worked against Locklear. Obviously the producers wanted to do something different with the character of Alexis (like they have with all the others, admittedly), and having an actress second-guessing their choices and trying to copy the old Alexis would not go over well. Even if Locklear thought it would be best to play Alexis in the same manner of Joan C (trying to guide the character into being more like the original), this would not go over well. So rather than take that chance, they would most likely hire someone who wasn't part of the original cast and "married" to the old Alexis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Artur

Artur Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57
    They should introduce character of Madeline, who would be a "real" Alexis.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,931
    I guess I just accept what they've done with nuAlexis now -- she's a funny, washed-up floozie. But then I'm not invested in the new show other than as a curiosity.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Nicolette is good and has chemistry with everyone. The problem is that Alexis isn’t important to the show. She’s just there. She has no power or purpose. She’s just another supporting character. If the character gets a husband or some money it could give her power to showcase what she can really do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    Which begs the question. Are we seeing the real Alexis the Shapiro's had in mind all those years ago? I do remember reading something, somewhere that the Shapiro's wanted this reboot to be fun. Well they've got their gift. But at what cost?

This would have been my ideal Alexis.
    • Jet black hair.
    • English or European background.
    • A woman of few words but they cut deep when required.
    • More business like attire unless of course the occasion called for something glamorous.
    • She is loaded (money wise) upon her return to Atlanta. Actually she is more wealthy than her former husband, he just doesn't know it. And where did that money come from?
    • Has no romantic feelings towards her ex-husband and just wishes to get closer to her children; via manipulations of course.
    • She is educated and exudes class after toiling for years climbing the social hierarchy that Europe offered.
    And when that brat of a daughter Fallon spoke out of turn in the first scene between mother and daughter, Alexis slaps her, reminding her daughter that Mommy Dearest has arrived home. Meanwhile, lurking in the shadows is a quivering Anders.

I'm not arguing for a carbon copy of Dame Joan Collins Alexis. In fact I'd give this version an even darker tone. Somewhere along the lines when original Alexis pulled the trigger on that shotgun, resulting in Krystal's miscarriage. A real sinister type. I want fear and loathing. I wish for a scene so appalling it becomes a water cooler moment and sets social media on fire.

But that's just me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,573
    And then Fallon slaps her right back, telling her, "You're not my mother anymore!" :D

14. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19
    This is a really tough question for me. Do I think Heather Locklear could play the role? ABSOLUTELY. But I voted no because I was a HUGE Melrose Place fan, and I would be constantly thinking of her and Blake as Jake/Amanda.

For the record. I think having Heather Locklear on Dynasty would be great for her personally, as I think she could definitely benefit from having some sort of stability in her life right now.

15. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,863
    Alexis' mother…

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Kristin Kringle Channing

Kristin Kringle Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,398
    "Don't you start with me Blake!" :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +398
    She'd actually fit in very will with the tone of this new Dynasty. Give her headshot to Sallie Patrick, please. Oh, I can only imagine her scenes.

ALEXIS: "Good morning, mother."
    MOTHER: "You're out of order!"
    ALEXIS: "What have I done this time, mother?"
    MOTHER: "You're a little bitch actually!"
    *Blake enters the living room*
    MOTHER: "Adulterer!"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I don't think Heather Locklear being on CW Dynasty is a good idea at the moment, mainly because her ongoing mental and legal problems would really damage the integrity and credibility of the show as a whole and it would be a good idea for the network to avoid bad publicity at whatever cost. It's bad enough that they've had a lot of drama over the summer with the Nathalie Kelley fiasco; they do not need to add more to it by bringing Heather Locklear into the fold. Besides, Heather needs to focus more on getting the mental help she desperately needs and get her act together before she starts thinking about resurrecting her acting career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,625
    Look up the character of Veronica Harrington on The Haves and the Have Nots. She is the savviest villainess in that series, standing out against several other troublemakers in the cast of characters. At the moment she is probably the most over-the-top villainess on soaps, maybe on TV as a whole. You could write several pages of heinous crimes she's committed against virtually everyone around her, and she is gleefully unrepentant. If anything, she's so far over the edge that Dynasty's Alexis would say "Wow, overdoing it a bit, aren't you?" Veronica's schemes are also intelligently thought-out, even if they're dreamed up by a total loony-tune.

That said, I don't think Dynasty wants a chief villainess who goes quite so far as to drive the pregnant mother of her grandchild to suicide and plant a bomb in her husband's car, all while practicing her "shock" and "mourning" reactions in the mirror between giggling fits? It might goose the ratings a bit, but how do you maintain that level of sheer lunacy without having the pacing of stories go down the drain? (BTW, that was all in one recent episode)

Since both HAHN and Dynasty film in Atlanta, I would love to see Angela Robinson (who plays Veronica) turn up on Dynasty as Dominique Deveraux if and when HAHN ends its run, because that woman could really bring the fire and fury. No way could HER Dominique be overshadowed by Alexis or anybody.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    I do need to catch up on The Haves and Haves Nots some time this century. It sounds like an absolute disaster plot wise.