Would This Scene have Worked?

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by Jimmy Todd, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +936
    Jill's plot against Valene put the future Mrs. Walenska in a tough position. She could either take the pills Jill was forcing on her or let Jill blow her brains out and her body left to be found by her children. I can't remember if Jill also said she would kill the twins.
    If Abby had been the target, I could see her being cunning enough to outsmart Jill.
    Anyway, after Val survives and is released from the hospital it looked as if Jill was getting away with the whole thing. Could there have been a credible scene where Val asks Abby for advice on how to get everyone, including the police, to believe Jill actually did what Val said she did? When I say credible, I mean in a "Knot's Landing gold" kind of way.
    There was that one brief scene where Abby gives Val a hug after the incident. Maybe Val could have got the ball rolling by saying something like, "Jill would never have gotten away with this if it was you."

• Like Like x 2
  2. Top Jimmy

Top Jimmy Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +244
    Medals:
    It was a missed opportunity not to have Abby be involved somehow with the aftermath of Jill's murder attempt. Abby was involved in her own storyline with Greg at the time, but the writers could have written a scene or two with her reacting to Valene's plight and questioning out loud to Greg or someone else if Valene may have been telling the truth and her thoughts about Jill. They could have even had a scene with Jill, with Abby kind of egging her on or telling her she knows all too well how Valene can get under people's skin, but Gary's not worth killing over, or some sarcastic remark like that. I could see Valene if she was really desperate, begging Abby to help her.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +936
    Those are great ideas. A few of Abby's comments seemed to nudge Jill in the direction she took, it would have been nice to bookend them with Abby on 5he other side of the story.

• Like Like x 1