Your favorite couple on the show was...

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by Karin Schill, Sep 18, 2016.

?

Which were your favorite couples on the show?

1. Gary & Val

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. Karen & Mack

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Laura & Greg

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Gary & Abby

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Paige & Tom

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Karen & Sid

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  7. Cathy & Joshua

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Kenny & Ginger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Laura & Richard

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. Other

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,441
    Hi Everyone,

I posted this type of thread on the Dallas board but since Knots Landing has also had some iconic couple I figured it could be fun to discuss it here too.

So which couple on the show was your favorite and why?

Was it:

Gary26Valene.jpg

Gary & Val

6e3820140c73d635dd848b135e912a58.jpg

Karen & Mack

tumblr_n2k2t2UpU81tt2onqo1_1280.jpg

Laura & Greg

133863489.jpg

Gary & Abby

nicollette_sheridan_1989_01_01.jpg

Paige & Tom

0a22a47dff4d5db788ae9ae24efc8d15.jpg

Karen & Sid

lisahartmanalecbaldwin.jpg

Cathy & Joshua

wards.jpg

Kenny & Ginger

RichardLaura2.jpg
    Laura & Richard

Other?

The poll allows multiple choice.

Take care,
    Best wishes:
    Karin.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,653
    Gary & Val (I feel like I'm repeating myself :D)

Why? Maybe it's because we followed them from Dallas and they were our window to the cul de sac. Who knows? They just are.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kevmac

Kevmac Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,331
    Gary & Val

seas2valgar12xvc.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. Zach

Zach Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +495
    That's really hard to answer. I think I go with Karen and Mack. They were the heart and soul of the cul de sac.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tatianna

Tatianna Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +805
    OMG, don't know where to begin.:confused: For me, this choice is like being in a pastry shop and having to pick just one goody in a whole room of favorites.:yep: So, here goes:

Gary and Val - For me, they had a long history from young lovers , hard times, years apart and all the while marrying others, sharing children in common and all the responsibilities that come with raising them, and then reconciling. They simply belonged together.
    Karen and Sid - So believable as a married couple in suburbia, making a living and raising a family. Most everyone's definition of the wholesome family image.
    Karen and Mac- Once again, they just fit together like pieces in a puzzle. Strong relationship, genuine love of family and blending 2 families into one. They just simply worked as an all around well balanced family.
    Greg and Laura - They were good for one another and they complemented each other well. So sad we lost Laura so soon. I thought Greg was his best with her.
    Paige and Tom - Great chemistry and were a beautiful couple. I liked Paige better with Tom then any love interest she had.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,243
    When the series began, I found Laura and Richard to the be most interesting couple but overall Karen and Mack are my favourite couple as they were so vital to so many storylines.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,941
    From a romantic point of view: Ben & Valene.
    Gary & Abby (living in that fabulous beach house) and Cathy & Joshua were the most dramatic couples.

So first I'd like to know what we're voting for.:D

• Like Like x 3
  8. Natalia Patterson

Natalia Patterson Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Gary and Val- They had this undying love for each other. The passion was so surreal. They went through detrimental circumstances. The look that they shared was priceless. They always looked out for each no matter who they were with. That relationship proved that no matter what love will prevail.

Kare and Mack- I love the way that they handled each other. I love that Mack just blended with the family. They were definitely the solid couple in the cul-de-sac.

Paige and Greg- This relationship was very interesting. Gregardless could have been her father. However, they had a chemistry that would light up the room. GREG was hard to tame. Some how Paige was able to break through that hard exterior and win his heart.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,441
    We're just voting for fun. So if you love all those three couples you mentioned vote for all of them. :)
    Unfortunately you could only have 10 couples in the poll so I couldn't add more. Otherwise I would have included more couples like Ben & Val and also Paige & Greg. But well now if you want to vote for those couples it will have to be other.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Natalia Patterson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    I have mixed feelings about Ben and Val. I do appreciate that Val found someone. However, the relationship seemed forced. Ben was consumed with making Val forget about Gary. It was annoying. Poor Val just wanted to get over Gary and have someone to love. There is that old saying that Gregory quoted to Anne." The heart wants what the heart wants and right now it's not you" However, I do believe that Val had love for Ben. It just wasn't the type of love that would have kept them together.

As, far as Gary and Abby. Everything about that relationship went wrong from the beginning. So, there relationship was doomed. She loved Gary for what she could get. Abby was to self absorbed to love unconditionally which at the end was the type of love that Gary needed. She was a very good business/bed partner. Then again she was sneaky and crude with that. They tried to disguise the relationship as long as they could. I don't think that they ever really loved each other. They both used each other for they needed. Gary was attracted to the excitement and the thrill. Abby was attracted to the Power and that status and of course the MONEY. Which we all know never wins in the end.

Cathy and Joshua was just disturbing. She was so pathetic. She slept with Gary thinking that they were going to be together. Then she gets with psycho Joshua. He always belittled her.

11. Ms. Paige

Ms. Paige Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,835
    Karin no Greg and Paige? :eek:

Nevermind I just saw this :D

and I can never figure out how to quote in an edit but I did see where you said about Ben and Val and Greg and Paige :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,941
    Maybe the circumstances had something to do with it too, like, Gary's children, and Jean Hackney in her fabulous espionage outfits.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,441
    I just realized that I forgot to answer this myself...

My most favorite couples on the show was:

Karen & Sid
    Because they never cheated on each other and seemed to have such a realistic marriage in the sense that it had its ups and downs.
    I was heartbroken when he died.

Val & Gary
    I love this couple so much. Probably partly because of the Dallas connection. But also because we really got to follow their lovestory. It was the show's most enduring lovestory and it was so obvious they belonged together even when they were apart.

Karen & Mack
    They were fun to watch and a little bit of opposites attract and yet they were just so good together. They became the backbone of the show. The stable couple.

Cathy & Joshua
    They were young and sweet until he went psycho.
    I also love Lisa Hartman's singing and I preferred her more as Cathy than as Ciji for some reason!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Natalia Patterson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Karen and Mack- There relationship was so solid. I love how Mack just blended with family. I love the way that no matter what he always defended Karen.

Val and Gary- This was a relationship that probed that no matter what. True love will conquer all and find its way. They had so many other people that were placed to keep them apart. Through it all they found each other.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,887
    Didn't have the opportunity to watch a lot of KL, but as I can remember it was 2 couples I liked; Gary & Val, and Karen & Sid.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,441
    I know what you mean, TV3 stopped broadcasting it right after Val's babies had been found. :(
    So the only reason I've watched all of the show is thanks to friends abroad who have been kind enough to copy the later seasons for me. :)

I still wish we'd get a proper DVD release though and preferably one with Swedish subtitles. Given the popularity of Dallas over here, I'm sure Knots Landing would sell really well. There's even guest stints by JR himself in the early seasons!

• Like Like x 2
  17. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +551
    I know this thread is kinda old, but I felt the need to put my input here if that's A-okay with everyone.

I voted for Karen and Mack.

At first, I didn't know who I wanted to vote for. I honestly think that while Karen and Mack was the heart of the show, Valene and Gary were actually the show's "main" couple. They provided the stories for a love-torn romance. Will they? Won't they? Likewise, Gary's marriage to Abby provided turmoil, which is always good TV. In the end, I guess I went with Karen and Mack simply because they were together the longest.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,441
    Thanks for joining in. I don't mind that you bumped up this old thread. :)

You do know that you could have voted for all three couples you mentioned?
    I mean it is multiple choice. ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +551
    I honestly did not pay any attention to the poll being multiple choice. As I said, I just decided to go with Karen and Mack because they were more stable and the show's anchor. (I voted for the others anyways, though. ;))

20. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +551
    I will say, too, that I really liked Laura and Greg together. They were an odd pair, but that worked for them. I wish there could have been a little more done with them, though. At times it seemed like Laura was on the back-burner, which was always a letdown for this viewer.