Your Favorite Male Characters

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by Natalia Patterson, Sep 14, 2016.

?

WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE MALE CHARCTERS

1. GARY

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Mack

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Natalia Patterson

Natalia Patterson Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +186
    1. Gary- This character portrade real characteristics of a broken man who runs from conflict. He was extremely sexy and at times very loving and compassionate . Although, he was a cheater he still cared about how everyones feelings. He was a people pleaser. I love the unconditional love that he had for Val. Through the last remaining seasons he displayed a Real Man. It was nice to see the transition from earlier seasons.

2. Mack- He was that guy that was hard to break. I love his sarcasm. I loved that he blended into Karen family with such ease. I love that he stayed true to what he believed in. He was a great friend. I love that he wasnt afraid to admit his fears and eventually became accountable for his flaws.

3. GREG- He was srewd but very calculated. I loved his honesty. He portrayed a Confident Man. He knew want he wanted and went after it. It was willing to face any adversities. He was unpredictable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mustard
    Devilish

Mustard Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +298
    Original Member Since:
    23 October 2014
    Gary is my favourite. He's a complex man who has plenty of fears, yet is stubborn and determined to find his own way in life. He has his flaws and addictions, yet learns to cope with them better after his time with Abby.

I like the complex love-hate relationship between Mack and Greg. Two former best friends who were together at law school. Greg discarded all his idealism in favour of power and cold pragmatism by his time on the show, while Mack remains utterly incorruptible and a moral crusader and hates what Greg has become. Yet some of that old bond between Mack and Greg is always there. Greg is ultra-complex.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Natalia Patterson

Natalia Patterson Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Wow. There is a very good way to describe Gary. He was the only character did demonstrate Growth. I like the way that you described Mack and Greg.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Willie Oleson
    Question

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,825
    Original Member Since:
    April 2002
    Gary and Richard.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tatianna

Tatianna Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +803
    Original Member Since:
    April 2002
    Loved them both, plus Greg!!!:kiss:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ewingjee

Ewingjee Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Oh, most definitely Greg. He is the most interesting and enigmatic character on the entire show. Is he evil? Is he good? Does he have an conscience? Is he more interested in money, business, politics, or power? Will his ambition override everything? There is no good answer to any of these questions, and that's why he's a great character. I liked him best with Laura--the relationship with Paige never really made sense to me. And I love his sparring with all the other characters.

The first time I watched the show, I liked Mack the best, but on this rewatch (I'm currently in season 11), I find him completely annoying: his self-righteousness, his obsession with causes, and his hot-headedness really tick me off. He's so completely predictable. He and Karen really do deserve each other.

I also used to like Gary, but that's because I hadn't watched the early seasons and didn't know about his multiple infidelities--he really was a piece of work back then, but everyone seemed to forgive him so easily, especially Val, who should have never looked back. Plus, he never follows through: what happened to the clean engine idea he and Abby were hatching when they got involved? Empire valley? Running for public office? Lotus point? He discards causes as easily as he cheats on and discards women.

I liked Richard, but only because he was such an insufferable weasel and it was enjoyable watching him fail over and over again. Joshua and Chip were fun to watch deteriorate.

Ben was meh. Cute and funny, but meh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Billy Nolan

Billy Nolan Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Original Member Since:
    Gary, Kenny, Joshua, Mack, Michael

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 9)