1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your first experience of the Cinema/Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Long Lashes, Oct 1, 2016.

1. superman fan

superman fan Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    stay at home auntie
    Ratings:
    +670
    Drive thru movie and I don't remember how the movie was but that was the first time I saw cartoons lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,371
    I think my earliest memory of going to the movies was South Pacific. I really loved the scene on the roller coaster. Yes, I know now there is no such scene. I was told later that it was in a short which preceded the main feature but I must have been too young at the time to make the distinction.

That made an impression me as well when I saw it on TV at a very young age. The scene of the little girl in the rain stayed with me for a long time but I didn't remember what movie it was from. It was years later when I saw it again and realised that was the one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Englishboy

Englishboy Soap Chat Fan EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +710
    I remember going to see the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Ony during a holiday with my family in Morecambe. This was in 1981.

Also, I remember going to see Jaws 3D back in 1983. This was in the days when cinema goers had to queue a mile deep around the block in order to gain access to the single screen theatre.

All very different to the multiplexes which exist today with few attendees.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,451
    When 'Teen Ome' was 'Little Ome' she was fascinated with Michael Jackson's Thriller and she would often get confused when it showed the cinema, asking "what if people wanted to watch another movie?" she couldn't grasp the idea that cinemas were often just one screen back then.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  5. Banana Hammock

Banana Hammock Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +925
    My first trip to the cinema was with my older brother and a couple of his mates, to see E.T.
    I remember my brother insisting on sitting upstairs, 'cause those down below get gobbed on, by teens on the balcony. And being surprised to see people being let in to sit on the stairs, 'cause all the seats were full. I wasn't that interested in the movie (I enjoyed it more on tv, yrs later), and I was distracted by rustling sweet wrappers, and orange lights in the dark - of people lighting up and puffing on cigarettes.

My second trip (still of primary school age) was with my mate to see a triple bill of Stars Wars, Return Of The Jedi, and Empire Strikes Back. It must have been three films for the price of one, or something. We went to the chipshop first, and each smuggled a bag of chips into the cinema. I remember being nervous that we would get caught with the food when buying tickets. I was practically asleep for all three movies, and have never watched anything in that series since.

• Like Like x 3